There are few places that I would call Heavenly however; after this weekend, I can think of one place that would qualify…Driggs, Idaho. I would like you to imagine one huge extended family sleeping in the same room. Married, pregnant, and single people running around, not to mention the numerous children getting into trouble… what could be any better than family? Nothing. I decided this weekend to throw away any of my reservations on having a big family… it’s happening, I am going to love it!!! I loved this weekend, there are a million pictures I could show you. Highlights were the snowmobiles… it was my first time driving one and will not be my last. I loved going through the hills and fields and anywhere we wanted. Frozen eyelashes was a small price to pay for the most amazing and breathtaking views I have seen in a long time. I wish you could have been there. I went with my “cousins”. I was grateful to wake up to a family, it made life so much less lonely. I loved playing with the children, it made me so much happier.



3 comments:
ohhh...that pic of the tetons reminds me of home. there are some good things about living in the frozen wilderness. i'm glad you had a good time. I've been to driggs many, many a time, and didn't regret any of the trips!
Oh, how I wish that I could have gone out and made memories with everyone. The only thing I remember is the bed I was in the whole time and the toilet I threw up in constantly. I am still not any better, I am praying that this gets easier. A big family is looking smaller ever day I am sick. It'll be worth it. Visit my blog sometime. Manwaringfam.blogspot.com
hi. someone found your blog online and directed me to it because of this entry. that's my family's cabin! we're all curious about how you came to be at the bates lodge, and glad you had such a great time!
Post a Comment