Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I love orange dust...

FLOWERS:
WHAT is it about them that makes me completely happy??? I think it is because my mom loved flowers and grew them in our back yard. We had bunnies in our back yard and I remember they would come out and destroy the flowers. My mother would yell at them from the kitchen window. “Silly mom, the bunnies can not hear you through the kitchen window” I would say. So she would run outside in her bare feet or socks and chase them away. That always made me laugh so hard. After a while we got a dog.

Today I went flower shopping in Sugar House... There was this older (50ish) guy there, who was married, and was buying flowers. I hoped they were for his wife. He looked confused and was going through all the flowers and just staring at them, unsure of what to get. It was awful, he looked in pain. I wanted to go over and talk to him and give him suggestions on what to get for his wife. I thought maybe they had a fight and he was getting her flowers. I wanted to tell him not to get her flowers if they had been fighting, because you should never give a woman flowers after a fight (it destroys they symbolism of flowers), what men should do is give hugs. But really they just should not fight. I do not believe in saying hurtful things. Even though sometimes I do.
Gardening and testimonies are very similar.

Sometimes my mom would get Stargazer Liles and it made the whole house smell like heaven.
When I smell them up close I get orange dust all over my face.

No comments: