
A thought on a Big White Envelope:
All the time the little freshies are getting their missionary calls. I love to be there when they open them, but if I cannot be there, I always watch a video of it later.
This is the thing: EVERYTIME they open the call and read where they are going, everyone always make a lot of noise. Tears fill my eyes, and the Sprit fills my soul. EVERYTIME this happens. I always expect it won’t and then it does. When/If I am privileged to serve a mission, I want to open the call by myself, or with my husband if I have one… I want to open it alone so that I can have that time with Heavenly Father, and later be able to celebrate with everyone else.
Last Weekend, Grandma Bates told me that her mission to Fiji with her husband was the highlight of their lives. They got to meet the Prophet and teach families and be with the younger missionaries. I thought to myself that was funny because she raised 13 children… and her mission was the highlight of her life with her husband. I don’t blame her…. 13 children!!!




4 comments:
Ha. Mission vs. 13 children. I would choose the mission, as well.
Also, it's spelled FIJI.
You're the best, Meg.
you are SO on my google reader list! email me (Sister Boyer)
Yeah the 13 kid thing? That would be the lowlight of my life. Yikes!
Miss you. Come see us if you have time. You aren't alone, okay?
13 kids is a great idea. Don't let them tell you otherwise. Megan, you post quicker than I can check. You are incredible. Did my mom's email work? I hope so.
Post a Comment