
The month of January 2008 was the first time I had been "home taught" since April 2007. Sad. huh? Well I realized I missed it. One of my home teachers, Kaneakua Friel. He is this adorable 18 year old.... HUGE.... on the football team, so cute, shy and funny, from Hawaii. He is way laid back. I like him. My other Home Teacher is an R.A., his name is Sheldon. My post will focus on him. We have had an interesting relationship from the start. He is a character, to say the least. I am always amazed at the things that come out of his mouth. He says things that most people don't say. He says he doesn't want to get married right now, but I bet you a million dollars he does, because that is the majority of what he talks about. At the beginning of the year, he and I had a promising friendship; I thought he had potential to be one of my favorites. Unfortunately, we had this miscommunication and since I do not like drama at all.... I just let it go. Our relationship became surface level. Whatever... BUT THEN he was reassigned to home teach me this semester (because my other ones never came - I was the only one in the ward who never got home taught). So now we are friends again, we talk again and eat dinner together and he made my day the other day by writing me a cute note. He ends our conversations with "Love you". He is pretty special. Today, our dinner conversation was about "Red Flags" in relationships.
His Red Flags were:
*Boy-Friend hopping
*Eating Disorders (no self esteem)
*Manipulation
*Abusive Past Issues
*Needy and/or attention seeking.
(Some of) My Red Flags:
*Negative observance of how he treats his mother and sister(s)
*How he treats children
*Watching Football on Sundays :)
*Anger in any form
*If he has no motivation to provide for a family.
His Red Flags were:
*Boy-Friend hopping
*Eating Disorders (no self esteem)
*Manipulation
*Abusive Past Issues
*Needy and/or attention seeking.
(Some of) My Red Flags:
*Negative observance of how he treats his mother and sister(s)
*How he treats children
*Watching Football on Sundays :)
*Anger in any form
*If he has no motivation to provide for a family.
*Hair Plugs
*Mustaches
* EVERYTHING Julia said for her "Red Flags"... (holy cow, those made me laugh)
We both have friends who seem to making bad decisions about getting married, but who are we to judge, maybe we are just jealous. So to all of you out there… be careful, we are talking about eternity here…. Yup, that’s a long time.
We both have friends who seem to making bad decisions about getting married, but who are we to judge, maybe we are just jealous. So to all of you out there… be careful, we are talking about eternity here…. Yup, that’s a long time.
In other news.....
WHY AM I SO SHORT???

In other-other news.... today was the first day in a week I did not cry about President Hinckley....FINALLY we have a new prophet. President Monson will be signing my Mission Call now! Elder Utchdorf... what a wonderful man. I think we all fell in love with him and his cute wife when they came for our Stake Conference last year. We go way back, us being converts and all. Also I am glad that the Lord kept President Eyring in the mix, I LOVE him too.




5 comments:
I love the news update! I've totally been reading your blog as diligently as I did the first. I just need to make more comments, so you know I was here. I love your blog!! I'm glad you update it so often.
Football on Sundays? You always have had higher standards that I. :)
My red flags:
Leopard print sheets and comforter
Teal trucks with pink racing stripes
Shark tattoos that look like girly dolphins
Guys that say they want to "make it happen tonight"
Guys that have to take guns to Movies 8...just in case
Meth addicts
Oh man. I dated a lot of losers didn't I?
oh I'm glad you're back...I missed you. Did Brian tell you? I told him to find a way for me to be in touch...I think he forgets everything I say..he absolutely dislikes any advice I give-- I'm in the flibberti gibbet! and a willo' the wisp! category (Sound Of Music-Maria)he of course is Mr. Grave & Serious (well sometimes that is).
hope you are well~warm regards, Sister Boyer
Hey, I like your red flags comment. Did you also know that I ask myself when ever I am with any of the Manwarings "Why am I the only short one?" I know how you feel.
Dear Megan,
It is important that you know that your very short picture made me laugh out loud in a very quiet computer lab. Why? I don't know...the picture came from my camera--I see it all the time! Maybe it's just that you're so amazing. Ya, I think that was it...
Post a Comment