Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I love to Remember...

Okay so last night I was feeling very sick, I do not know why. I could not sleep. I wanted to get out of my little room, so for the first time I went downstairs in the middle of the night to the lobby and turned on the T.V. I watched the news for a while and saw awful things going on in the world and I was grateful for the gospel... but then I turned it on the BYU channel, and it was a devotional from last year at BYU-Idaho. It was called "True Love” . I have to admit it is one of my favorite talks I have ever heard. It's all about having Charity and an unselfish attitude in our relationships. It’s all about the bright hopes of our youth and the realties of the world. Please, PLEASE read it. I loved it. I helped me to remember why I joined the church and helped me to remember the sweeter things of the gospel. So, here’s to me alone crying tears of joy in the Chipman lobby, remembering why I joined the church and counting it as the best thing that ever happened to me. Because of Faith in the Lord, that same God who brought the Israelites out of the bonds of slavery, and can bring me out of the bonds of sin, I can Hope for a better future!

http://www.byui.edu/Presentations/Transcripts/Devotionals/2007_10_23_Turley.htm
love.love.love.
All Around.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that really was an amazing talk. thank you for sharing it.

Nikki said...

I haven't read the talk yet because I don't have time, but I saved it as a bookmark. I'm excited to see what's in store.
My parents always watch the news and it just makes me so sad to see all of the horrible things that are happening everyday. I think it's good for me to watch every once in a while, though, to forget that there's more to this world than just the life I lead.

Oceanchild said...

Well love really is about being unselfish. Sad thing is sometimes you just can't help it. Young love? bleh. Nice talk though. Thanks for posting it.

Meg said...

I feel the same way about young love..... bleh...... seriously, no lasting effect and a huge risk with little guarantee that he will be just as sweet to you after the sex isn’t as good as it used to be. I may have said too much for this blog.

Esther said...

I loved this talk.I miss devotionals at BYU-Idaho. Since I was a freshman I would go every week. It was wonderful. I miss that about college. Taking an hour away from classes to go listen to uplifting music and words. I love it.