Okay so sometimes...I let myself want things I know will never come true. Sometimes I let myself wander around campus when I should be studying, or I let myself talk to people when I should be studying, or I let myself sleep when I know I should be studying, or I let myself plan parties when I should be studying. Sometimes I let myself forget things so I do not have to remember. Sometimes I let myself get lost in a novel. Sometimes I let myself believe that someone loves me, when they don't. Sometimes I let myself eat way too much junk food. Sometimes I do crunches until I want to throw up. Sometimes I am alright with the fact I am messed up, and sometimes I am not. Sometimes I walk into the Clarke building and look at all the Study Abroad places and I think about going there. I think about going to all the places in the world I want to go. I think about all the people and cultures I know nothing about, but SURE that I would love. I let myself take the sheets off the little sheet holders and hold them and look through them, and think about what I am doing here... and how on earth I would ever pay for it, and how on EARTH I am even going to pay for next semester, or next month... and I let myself wonder if I should leave BYU and go home, or if I should stay. I put the sheets back... (it’s not fair to waste paper). Then my hands instinctively go to the "PARIS, FRANCE" sheet. I have spoken French since I was in Kindergarten. Ever since I was a little girl I have wanted to go exploring there, just me and my teddy bear. I take that Paris sheet and look at it longingly and take it home, reading it for the 10th time this semester. HOME: back to all I should be doing. Home just might as well be Paris, France.
Can you even imagine???
The History and Majesty of Chateau de Versailles…
The Symbolism of the Arch De Triumph…

The Architecture (and gargoyles) of Notre Dame…
The Masterpieces at the Louvre…
The Grand Scale of the Eiffel Tower...
(OBGYN view of the Eiffel Tower... awkward huh?)
If I was in Paris... Sometimes I would have sword fights with french baguettes, and sometimes speak french with the locals. Sometimes I would eat lunch in Cafes, and be kissed on the top of the Eiffel Tower. Sometimes I would go shopping and buy things you can only find in France. Sometimes I would send postcards to the people I love.
(I do hope you are thoroughly enjoying Frank Sinatra and how he loves Paris!)
love.love.love. All Around.




8 comments:
Oh Megan, may France live forever in your heart!
you put the lily pad painting up! makes my heart sing. you should figure out a way to go to france...uh...somehow.
je ne veaux pas travailler...e puis je fume...
Megan, I know we're barely acquaintances, but I LOVE reading your blog. And those pictures you found of Paris are extraordinary! I had the opportunity to explore this beautiful city two summers ago and let me tell you, it's everything you could imagine. If you ever EVER have the chance to go, take it. It will be the best trip of your life, I promise.
ObGyn view of Eiffel Tower. That's great. Only you, Meg.
I want you to get to go to France! And I want to come, too. With you, preferably, since I don't speak French.
I would just like to say that I did that just for you nikki.
I laughed pretty hard that the OBGYN view also...hahahhaha! Meg, you make things sound so appealing. You make me want to go to France, even though I have never thought about it before! PS, I love you.
I love France. It would definately be the place to go. Yeah. If you really put your heart into it you can do anything. Ask me sometime how I made it to France. The Lord finds a way.
Post a Comment