Saturday, March 8, 2008

I love Song Dedications…

My CD Player in my car BROKE… After the initial depression, (and since I have no idea how to work an IPOD )… I have now rediscovered the wonders and horrors of The Radio! "Delilah" (if that is even her real name) is this slightly/very/VERY annoying radio talk show woman trying to help the wounded souls of America through song dedications... so I thought I would do this on my blog. I may have listened, sung, or danced to this song(s) with you, but Mostly it just reminds me of you. There is nothing else like music that helps me remember things, or helps me to fall in love with you all over again.

Lillypad - "Someone to Call my Lover" - Janet Jackson... oh the memories.
Brooke – Brass in Pocket (because you are Special!!!) and “New Soul” AND Rilo Kiley - "With Arms Outstretched"!!!
Missy – R. Kiley, R. Spektor, Dylan, Opera, French Things
Danielle – SHAKE the sugar tree! hahahaha
Lei-Lei – No boots, no fur. Just love. BSB and NSYNC and the songs we love to sing when no one else is around.
Stephanie – Regina Spektor "Music Box", (Greatest voyage in the history of plastic!)
Erc – ummmm….(There are too many) maybe Maria Taylor - Song Beneath the Song
Brian – “Sweetheart” Mariah Carey
Jonny – Ella Fitzgerald (Because you love her voice)
Rob – “Since You Been Gone” - K. Clarkson…(b/c you are such a good singer)
Dane – “I’ll be Missing You” - P. Diddy, Faith Evan
Tyler H-dog – Souljat Boy song (b/c of your cool dance) … Matchbox 20.
Tyler Freeman – N’Sync… (because of your high school days)
Julia – “Shake Your Peanut!”
Nikki and Debbie – “Prince of Egypt” driving back from Idaho
Claire and Aleisha – Rap Music
Chase – BBMak (anything)
Daniel – Eminem (anything)
Jared and Kelli – “I Belong to You” (remind me, WHO sings that?)
Julie Bellamy – “Somewhere” - Our Lady Peace
Smith Family – You Raise Me Up” Josh Groban (Such good memories)
Tyler Olsen – Too many good ones… I look to my Duffy Mix.
Joellen Brown – “Somewhere beyond the Moon”
Cristina Vernon- Our “Westlife” song
Bryce Jasper – “I’ll be”
Michelle Duffy – Barbara Streisand
Terry Duffy – Cranberries and my childhood.
Katherine Duffy – Anything beautiful because you are Everything beautiful to me in this world.

love.love.love. All Around.

6 comments:

Nikki said...

What a great idea, Meg! I think I'm going to steal it...

Prince of Egypt is the best! Also: "That Thing You Do" and "You'll Always Be My Baby" by Mariah.

Oceanchild said...

shake your peanut! haha yes. I just need one to shake.

MJ said...

e puis je fume.

Kelli said...

Jake Armerding sings the song, "You Belong to Me"

Esther said...

I love listening to the dedications. It is so much fun to hear stories of why people are dedicating. Once I begged my sister to dedicate "tale as old as time" for me.(I was 11). I listened for days every night. Maybe someday I will get a dedication for that. I loved visiting last night. I hope everything works out with your computer.
Guess what!!! I felt the baby move! Weird but awesome. (guess the hot tub didn't do too much damage =)

Esther said...

By the way, I haven't listened to it in YEARS! Like since I didn't have a CD player in my car! Probably close to 7-8 years. What would Nathan and I be dedicated to?