Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I still love camels...

I used to work for an LDS art gallery... "Repartee Gallery". It was one of my favorite jobs I have even had. They still send me the promotional emails and offers and let me know when new artwork comes out for Limited Edition Prints/Canvases. I got one in my email today, a new piece by James Christensen. It is called the “The Rich Young Ruler”. Read the story behind the art and then read the price ($545). There is a lesson to be learned here. Ironic?

Click Here for the Story...


It makes me think of the things I need to sacrifice in order to become closer to God. It makes me wonder about the goals in my life that I strive for that have no lasting value. Living the gospel seems to be a constant state of reevaluating our priorities. This is not just about money, this about about time and talents and charity. (The irony of it is that I do not think I would buy a painting that would remind me of all the money I wasted every time I looked at it... but that is just me. I love art... I would have so much of it if I had the money, but I never want to be rich. I want to use whatever money I am given to help in the Kingdom of God. I say that however, maybe only because I am poor. I really don't know.)

love.love.love. All Around.

5 comments:

Oceanchild said...

Yes, you say it because you are poor. But I believe you would do good things if you were rich.

You can definitely take Nine Parts to Nantucket with you. I don't know if anyone else wants to read it anyway, but it's such a cool book. I'll also finish up some others that you can take too.

Camels are still very gross. Wait till you ride one. You'll agree.

Dani said...

more o' those camels, eh meg? okay...well...since your post contained art...i heartily approve.

Anonymous said...

good point. that's hilarious that some rich businessman paid however much it must have cost him to remind himself of that story. im with you-i think that if i were rich i would only use it to help others, but who actually knows? i guess we'll have to get rich and see...

MJ said...

camels. i will ride on someday. perhaps across egypt.

deb said...

camels.


I just wanted to be cool and say camel. Meg! Don't forget that the walk is on April 26th!