Well, in two months I can apply for residency in Utah and I think I am going to do it because I have finally decided that it will be a LONG time until I move back to Minnesota, if I ever do at all. I try not to think about Minnesota that much, and I used to think it was because I was trying to push away all the years of bad memories, but if I am honest with myself, it's really because I am trying not to remember all the good memories. I fear I would break in all the sadness and in all the ways that I miss it. Minnesota is called the "Land of 10,000 lakes" and that is not exaggeration. It also had 10,000,000 memories of mine as well. My home state is known for its FROZENESS 6/12 months of the year, its lakes, ice fishing, THE TWIN CITIES and The TWINS baseball, and My beloved Lake Superior (one of the 5 great lakes).... this is so lame, but for my honeymoon I want to go up to Duluth and stay in a cabin on Lake Superior. It is the most beautiful place in the world, and that includes the beauties I have seen on the Wasatch Front, Temple Square, Ireland's castles, Hawaii Mountains and Mexico’s ocean. Minneapolis is just about the coolest city EVER, (next to Chicago – my favorite city). I grew up in a suburb of Minneapolis called Edina, and I hated it. Edina is a country club town full of designer clothes and too much eye make-up. But then again, Edina is where I learned French, and got my first puppy, where first fell in love, and was best friends with my sister. Edina is the place where I ate pizza on our roof and played on countless playgrounds. It’s where I had sleepovers and snuck out of the house. Edina is where I used to make plans with the people I love. It is also the place where I learned that life is disappointing and hurts. It was the place I spent my childhood trying to leave, hoping that the world could offer me something better. Edina is the place I left to go off and join the church, it is where I left everything behind. I am a different person here than who I was in Minnesota, and most of it is not better. The gospel defiantly sheds light on all my imperfections.When I was a little girl I used to sit by my windowsill and talk to the moon, I guess it was my way of taking to God. That moon heard my every heartache and every joy. I would sit and stare and sing and wish and dream of being far away, of falling in love, of finding something better. As long as I can remember it was just me and that moon. I am grateful that the moon always follows me wherever I go. Learning the gospel was like being a child again and talking to that moon. The gospel gave me hope for all my dreams to come true.
I will never again be able to sit at that windowsill and dream, my parents sold the house after I left because they said they could stand to be within the walls I grew up in; within the space that I traded for something else. Now they live in the heart of the city in some Penthouse Condo.
My dad works in the tall black building when he is not traveling around the country for his life-sucking consultant company.
This is the MINNESOTA STATE FAIR! It is a big deal. My mother has not missed a single year in 25 years, even when she was in a wheelchair from foot surgery, we had to push her around.
This is my favorite park down the hills from my house. I went biking and running in this park too many times to count.
This is the Basilica (church) that I got confirmed in. It is breathtakingly beautiful. I love Midnight Christmas Mass. If you ever get to go, I recommend it.
This is the Ely, MN. It is up north near Canada or something. My parents bought a cabin up here this year. They always wanted to have a cabin, good thing my college money is being put to good use. CPC Logo:
This http://www.cpconline.org/content.cfm?id=2102 was the church I poured my life into. I spent more time there each week than I ever have at an LDS chapel. These people were my life, check out the Student Ministries Staff to see my used to be best friends, and old pastors. Sometimes I wish I could go back there and do what I planned on doing, I miss them too much. But life always changes. I just wish I knew more about their lives.
These are some of my favorite girls I worked with at CPC church.
My best buds, Ryan and Tori.
I would not have survived high school without Karianne and her mom Erin.
These are pictures from when my family went to Disney World a few weeks ago... Of course I can not forget that I do love Minnesota most of all because that is where my family is.
This is Bryce and Katherine, (my older brother and younger sister), what are those awful shirts???
Katherine is just too CUTE for words! She looks good in hats. Our family looks good in glasses too I guess. We went to Disney World every other year growing up. it is my mom's favorite place to be in the whole world. Mine too, some of the time. I kind of want to go there on my honeymoon too and where Mickey and Minnie Mouse Ears with my husband. I need to marry someone silly enough to do that with me.

I miss driving into the city. It's spectacular!
love.love.love. All Around.




7 comments:
guess what...next year, for the art conference (the thing in new orleans this year) it's gonna be in....MINNEAPOLIS! cool, huh?
Have you heard the song "Minnesota" by The Color Fred. You might like it.
You and your sis look a lot alike. I think it is weird that after giving your whole heart and soul for the CPC church that those people can't imagine you giving your heart and soul to something else you know? If anything religious people should just support other religious people even if they don't agree line by line.
I'm sorry you miss your home and family. And they should be ashamed to be spending your college money.
Danielle... I want to come.
Julia... haha, well it's their money, they just saved it up for my college and I chose to go the school of the Devil... so they have good reason in spending it somewhere else. :) (I put that song on the blog!!!)
Meg, I love seeing where you came from! Thanks for sharing all of those memories and pictures. LOVE it. I can't imagine leaving Provo and not knowing if I'd ever come back.
this post was most enjoyable- its weird/great to see your life before provo...especially considering that i have never journeyed that far east/north.
minneapolis is your favorite city huh? well you havent been to S.F.- or better yet, oakland- yet!
je ne veaux pa travailler....a puis je fume.
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3you knowwwwww.
Post a Comment