Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I love Spring Memories...

Springtime is a good time to listen to “Regina Spektor” and “Iron and Wine” and think about all the things I take for granted: BYU, The Temple, My RA Job ( my girls), My Health, My Good Friends, My Distant Family, The Restored Gospel. The fact that I have so many opportunities, and so much to look forward to. The truth that I can change an be better than I am. The joys in serving others. I am grateful for so many things.
Springtime brings back memories....
Baseball was a big deal at my house growing up. We grew up next to Kirby Puckett and loved the Minnesota Twins! My brother had this dream of professional playing baseball when he was a little kid. He was such a cool little kid. He loved the game, he played as long as he could until graduation... He went to college. He never went for that dream. Both of our childhood dreams have changed.
BASEBALL is a little like LIFE:
Slow and uneventful at times.
Surprising with bursts of action.
Opposition found in all things.
It hurts if you get hit.
You can't help but get dirty.
People always watching you.
It's SO MUCH fun to play!
You miss things if you are not watching.
There are some really great moments you always want to remember...

love.love.love. All Around.

4 comments:

Brian said...

when I was a kid my dad tried to teach me how to play catch and nailed me right in the eye. had my mother not been there he probably would have told me to just be a man. instead he used to bribe me to play by saying he'd let me rent a video game or something wimpy like that. sometimes i really wish my mom hadn't been there. i did learn how to play catch eventually though.

brooke said...

[to make up for my lack of commenting lately:]

i have fond memories associated with baseball too:
1. my grandma was the oakland a's no. 1 fan. she didnt miss a game, and always took us with her, bringing boiled hot dogs in a thermos and peanuts, which she instructed us to just throw on the ground when we were done with them. what a rush
2. i agree that the game of baseball can be slow sometimes, but the people watching at oakland a's games is THE best.
3. i may not have any brothers, but i was strong supporters of my male cousins and any of their athletic events. we went to the fairgrounds every time they had a little league game and hung out at the snack shack, eating air heads and now & laters, like all the cool kids do. if we were extra lucky, we got money to splurge on a frito boat, handmade by the white trash volunteer mom. delicious.

MJ said...

you eat hot dogs and say "swing, batter, batter!"

deb said...

I don't understand the appeal of baseball. It is boring. But I LOVE spring time. It just puts me in a good mooooooooooddddd!