Friday, March 28, 2008

I love Good Old Jer...

I had a STRIKINGLY BAD DAY! Really. I am serious. Usually I love days, but not this one. I had some good moments with some good friends, people who know and love me and are alright with the fact that I am not perfect. They still think I am pretty “cool”. (I hate when I try to be “cool”, and I hate when other people try to be “cool”… what the &%#& does that even mean? I hate when people treat other people like they are not worth their time. Sorry. I am not being a lady.) But.... that is not why I had a bad day: My family… my family is driving me crazy… I want to go home, and I want to tell them where they can STICK IT. I love them and I need to have patience and if they do not want me just the way I am… then I will have to wait. I think I am finally understanding that I need to surround myself with people who uplift me, people who I can talk about the gospel with, people who can see the divine in others, and love those qualities, and not focus on the ways that we all suck at life… I need to stop surrounding myself with people who tear me down (including that deplorable Devil). So there you go… today was a day filled with a lot of tears and a lot of me wanting to throw myself into a lake.
(I am not being dramatic, I just love to swim.)
This is what brings me through:
Lamentations 3:22-23.
(look it up)
It talks about the MERCY of God and how it is renewed each morning…. (so let me wake with the dawn!). I love this because we really can look to the sky and hold our scriptures close to our hearts and know that God loves us and know that He loves just the way we are. Oh yes – He wants us to change so many things, but He does not withhold His mercy and His goodness today, in fact He gives it in abundance today and forever. He is patient with all the work we have left to do. So I have no idea what life with bring, and I do not know if I will emotional stable enough to handle it all, but I do know that I do not want to be anywhere without my God. If you ever have bad days (and we all do), let's focus on the fact…
that TRUTH has been RESTORED.

love.love.love. All Around.

5 comments:

Kelli said...

I love your faith, Meg. It empowers me.

ida.ho said...

NO WAY NO WAYYY. i have been searching all day long for those videos and i haven't been able to find them no wayyy did i just read your blog, and find them!! this is why i <3 you meggy poo.

Nikki said...

I love how you said "usually I love days." You really usually do. I think I need to work on loving days.

deb said...

me too. You are so enthusiastic and positive. I hope you have been having a better day today.

Oceanchild said...

I'm sorry you had a bad day. I don't know what I would do in your situation. I hope you had a good weekend though.