Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I Love My Little Observation...

As you all know I live in the freshman dorms (what a year!). I was pulling into the Chipman parking lot today, and while I was waiting for the runners to run across the road so I could pull in, my eyes drifted to those brobdingnagian (yes it a real word) Mountains in the background. Do you ever notice how some days they look bigger than other days? Depending on where the sun is in the sky, sometimes they even change colors (pink!) or look like they are going to crumble to the ground. Well… today they looked as if they had MOVED… just a few inches over to the left. I know, I know that sounds crazy, but it's possible and even a few inches would be noticed for rocks as big as those. I look at the "Y" mountain each and every day… I am sure they moved. I wonder who had enough FAITH to do that, someone around here must have. Even though I have thought about it many times I never dared ask the Lord to move those mountains, because I was scared He would actually do it. I am surprised that the Daily Herald or The New York Times is not jumping all over this story. This is headline news! Mountains Moving! This is big… I guess it does not matter much if the mountains are moving or not... but I think the Lord wants us to pay attention.

love.love.love. All Around.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

I didn't notice that the mountains budged, and I've been looking at them my whole life. I guess I'm just not a visionary woman.

Shannon Elizabeth said...

im all about paying attention. if people paid more attention, they would know each other better, they would know how to communicate with each other better, they would know how to love each other better. paying attention is the best way to love, i really believe that. making people matter. im all about paying attention, especially to people. people's details. i like your details megan duffy.

MJ said...

hhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaa. truly great post. also, i like how the little word verification says "oaPDF".

Oceanchild said...

I don't think I'd ask for Him to move any mountains, but I would ask him for patience and more money. :)

Esther said...

That is a great observation. You know you would really have to pay attention for someone to notice that the mountains actually moved (unless you are a geology major). You are really observant.