I watched “The Prince of Egypt” with my favorite Manwarings tonight. I LOVE scriptural account of the story of Moses and the Israelites, and the movie (even though it lacks in truth) is wonderful. There is this part of the movie when Moses is standing by the burning bush and he does not think that he can do all the Lord has asked him to do. The Lord responds with chastisement and then lovingly says “Do not worry, I will be with you.” I can not think of words more beautiful than these. There are many things in my life right now that I do not want to face, that I do not think I can overcome… but I can and will do them if the Lord is with me. I know that I do not want to go anywhere, or do anything, if He is not there. Everything that has happened, I would gladly go through again for the gospel. He rescues many of us from many horrors, and just like the Israelites - AFTER - the Exodus is when the story really begins, that is when the work really needs to happen… no one tells that part of the story. The Atonement has saved us from Spiritual Bondage and we are now all on our way to the Promise Land. I do not wish to wander and waste my time. I do not wish to worship anything else but the God who rescued me, the God who shows me miracles. Sunday, April 13, 2008
I Love our Exodus...
I watched “The Prince of Egypt” with my favorite Manwarings tonight. I LOVE scriptural account of the story of Moses and the Israelites, and the movie (even though it lacks in truth) is wonderful. There is this part of the movie when Moses is standing by the burning bush and he does not think that he can do all the Lord has asked him to do. The Lord responds with chastisement and then lovingly says “Do not worry, I will be with you.” I can not think of words more beautiful than these. There are many things in my life right now that I do not want to face, that I do not think I can overcome… but I can and will do them if the Lord is with me. I know that I do not want to go anywhere, or do anything, if He is not there. Everything that has happened, I would gladly go through again for the gospel. He rescues many of us from many horrors, and just like the Israelites - AFTER - the Exodus is when the story really begins, that is when the work really needs to happen… no one tells that part of the story. The Atonement has saved us from Spiritual Bondage and we are now all on our way to the Promise Land. I do not wish to wander and waste my time. I do not wish to worship anything else but the God who rescued me, the God who shows me miracles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment